8 Things Random People Say to Me Because I am Heavily Tattooed

I come into contact with all sorts of people when I leave my office. When making eye contact I smile politely, say hello like a normal person, or just mind my own business. Occasionally, I run into some pretty negative people though. While these types used to bother me, I just carry on with my day because I’m pretty positive that I don’t need to prove my self-worth to some random jerk. Here are the top 8 things random people say to me because I am heavily tattooed.

1.   1. “Doesn't that hurt?” People always say this with a snarled upper lip too, as if my appearance is truly disgusting to them. I always wonder what these types of people do for a living, and I hope it doesn’t involve caring for children, the sick, or the elderly because this question is straight up foolish. Of course it hurts- they certainly weren't licked on by baby unicorns.

2.     2. “You must have trouble finding a job.” To think that my appearance would hinder my ability to find gainful employment is extremely rude because you’re basically saying that I look like an idiot. Would you like to hear my opinion of how you appear to me?

3.     3. “What did your parents say?” People always whisper this question as if the act of getting a tattoo is shameful, and the only reason someone would get one would be to piss off their makers. Also, I don't have parents, so thanks for the reminder. How would you like it if I asked personal questions about your home life while we stand in line to pay for gas?
                                                      
4.     4. “You’re going to regret that when you’re older.” Don't tell me how I am going to think about myself in the future. When someone is covered with tattoos they obviously didn't get them all in one day or even within a year, they've been doing this a very long time, and have spent a lot of money on them. Everyone’s body is a lifelong piece of work. It doesn’t matter if you choose to be super fit, mold yourself to a certain lifestyle trend, or decorate your temple with permanent artwork.

5.     5. “Don't you want to get married some day?” Actually, I am married. To a wonderful guy I might add. No, he's never been to jail or prison, and neither have I. Another fun fact, he doesn't have a single tattoo. Crazy how some normie would fall in love with the likes of me, huh?

6.     6. “Why did you do that to your body?” My tattoos are a part of my soul. No, I don’t expect anyone to actually understand that, but the beauty about it is that you don’t have to. This question also proves that you lack the ability to mind your own damn business. After all, I didn’t make any comments about your stupid haircut and piss poor dye job- I’m just here to mail a few packages.

7.     7. “You know those are permanent, right?” No, I had no idea. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I must be some kind of idiot living in la la land who doesn’t have a job, with a sole purpose to piss off my parents, and whose only occupation is being “hot on the internet”.


8.     8. “What are you going to do when tattoos aren’t the new trend anymore?” While there are certain tattoos that are trendy and trending, that does not make the culture of tattooing “the new black”. Whenever I come across a culture that I don’t understand I educate myself by reading- you should try it sometime.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 Ways to Become Successful

Good Book of the Month