5 Things Men Say to Me Because I am Tattooed

A common misconception among men is that all tattooed females are either strippers or have naked pictures of themselves on the Internet for them to drool over. Here are the top 5 random comments and questions that are part of my every day life in some form or fashion because I’m heavily tattooed:

1. “You must really like pain.” Followed by a perverted half grin and usually some personal adjustment around the waistband area. Ew. I don’t even dignify this with an answer, I simply run away as fast as possible. It frightens me that this approach actually works for them too, because why else would they use it?
2. “Are you a Suicide Girl?” No, no I’m not. While some females aspire to get photographed naked for $500 and a t-shirt for that membership website I do not, have not, and will not. This question actually makes me cringe because I have spent the last 8 years of my life trying to empower women to identify and follow actual goals.
3. “Can you spin around for me so I can see all your tattoos?” I answer this question with a question, “Do I look like a poodle?” If someone asks me politely about a specific piece, I have no problem talking to them about it, but thinking that I am tattooed because I strive for the attention of some strange man is stupid.
4. “Do you like men?” Having full sleeves doesn’t mean I’m gay, and just because a woman has full sleeves doesn't mean she aspires to be manly either- 
tattoos are not gender specific you ignorant bastard.


5. Occasionally, some idiot will come up to me and pet my skin. Again, I’m not an animal, and my tattoos certainly aren't Braille. Personally, I don’t go around touching people I don’t know, so what would make anyone think that’s appropriate? A creeper, that’s who.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Authentically YOU!!

8 Things Random People Say to Me Because I am Heavily Tattooed

6 Ways to Become Successful