An Odd Salesman

Today a salesman from a company we already have an account with, and purchase from regularly came into my office. As soon as we made eye contact he suddenly lost the ability to speak. Mind you, I’m wearing jeans and a t-shirt so I’m not sure what that was all about, but there was a lot of stuttering on his behalf.

I asked him bluntly, “What do you want?”

He started to make small talk about the building, and looked around my office like it was some foreign world. Then he started petting my dog, and commented about how catlike she was.

“What do you want?” I asked again. Two thoughts came to my mind at this point. Either this guy was hung over, or he hadn’t been laid in a really long time. Probably both.

After asking him for a third time why he was in my office, he finally gave me an answer I could work with. “What can I do to improve our service to you?”

“Perhaps if your delivery drivers learned how to read, they wouldn’t screw up our orders on a weekly basis. You could rectify that by giving us a discount though, because every time your company screws up it costs us money.” I answered.

He stared at me blankly.

“I have to get back to work now.” I said as I walked him to the door. He sat in his vehicle staring at his steering wheel for almost 10 minutes, and then he left.

What a strange person to have representing a multi-million dollar company.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Authentically YOU!!

8 Things Random People Say to Me Because I am Heavily Tattooed

6 Ways to Become Successful